HES Zombie Run Logistics
HES Zombie Run Logistics
Welcome to the Hyattsville Zombie Run! All logistics are below, but email email@example.com if you have questions.
ZOMBIE RUN – Do we have to dress up? Will there be Zombies on this course?
You do NOT have to dress up. This is a 5K with a Zombie theme to make it fun. We will give awards for costumes, but there not be any zombies chasing the runners along the course. This is a fun, family event; dress as you see fit.
Hyattsville Zombie Run will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2018, rain or shine
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:30 AM – 9:15 AM – Race Day Registration and Packet Pick-up
- 8:45 AM – 1K Family Fun Run
- 9:05 AM– 1M Kids’ Challenge
- 9:30 AM – 5K Zombie Run
- 10:30 AM – Awards Ceremony
Thursday, October 11, and Friday, October 12, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WHOLE FOODS Market – Riverdale Park
Saturday, October 13 (Race Day!)
7:30 – 9:15 am
Packet Pick-up Booth, Magruder Park
You must show a photo ID (or photo copy or picture of your friend’s ID) to pick up race packets (race number, goody bag, and race shirt). Minors without a photo ID may pick up their packet with accompanying parent or guardian.
5K/1K/1M entrants will receive a Hyattsville Zombie Run T-shirt and a goody bag. First-place-finishers in each age category will receive a Zombie Run medal, finish line food and drink. All registered participants in the 1K Family Fun Run and 1M Kids Run will receive participation Zombie Run dog tags.
Race shirts come in adult sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL and XXL and youth sizes S, M, and L. The shirts have the Hyattsville Zombie Run logo and sponsors printed on the back.
Below is the route of the race. Water stations will be set-up at intervals throughout the course.
5K Awards – First Place Finisher Awards will be presented to one male and one female in each of the following age-groups:
1 Mile Kids’ Challenge Awards – All participants in the 1Mile Kids’ Challenge will receive a participation award. First Place Finisher Awards will also be presented to 1 boy and 1 girl, of the following age groups:
- 5 years old
- 6 years old
- 7 years old
- 8 years old
- 9 years old
- 10 years old
- 11 years old
1K Family Fun Run Awards – All participants in the 1K Family Fun Run will receive an award.
Hyattsville Zombie Run organizers will be handing out awards for Best Costume.
BECOME A FUNDRAISER FOR YOUR SCHOOL
When a student registers to run in the Hyattsville Zombie Run, you can also set up a fundraising page that allows your friends and family to sponsor you. Every dollar raised through this fundraising page goes directly to your own school’s PTA or PTSO. In this way, the Zombie Run can be YOUR fundraiser, too!
For every $10 you raise by noon on October 12th, your name will be entered into a raffle to be held on race day (must be present to win).
1st prize is a bike from Arrow Bicycle, valued up to $500!
2nd place is a Kindle Fire
3rd place will be a gift package from Regal Cinema
Special thanks to Arrow Bicycle for their generous support of this project to help all local Hyattsville schools.
How to do it:
- Register for the Zombie Run now at runsignup.com/HyattsvilleZombieRun
- When you register, it will ask if you would like to become a “Fundraiser”. Click on the Fundraiser banner.
- Follow the directions to complete the online form, making sure that you select your own school from the dropdown box under “Fundraiser Type.”
- After you complete registration, you will receive an email with your unique website link. Share this link with everyone you know and ask them to sponsor your run!
- After race day, the money you raised through your account linked to your school will be sent automatically to your school. It’s that simple!
SPREAD THE WORD!
Let the world know you’re participating. Use #HESZombieRun to spread the word!
Get your pictures on our Facebook account! Like us, HERE->>>
1) Dogs, skates, and bikes are not allowed on the race course. All participants with jogging strollers must start at the back of the pack behind the start line.
2) Runners must remain on the road and follow the instructions of volunteers to stay on the race course.
3) The Race Committee reserves the right to reject an application or remove any participant from the course at their discretion.
4) All race entries are final. No refunds will be provided should you have to cancel.
5) Transfer of race numbers is prohibited. Anytime a runner uses another person’s number, it causes concern for a race director. For your safety, we need to know who is in the race. In addition race results are adversely affected from this, which can cause awards errors in a small race.
6) There are no pacers or bandits allowed in the race. Any runner found on the course without a number will be removed. Any extra runners entering the race takes away from those that paid to run.
7) Headphones and individual listening devices are not permitted during any of the Hyattsville Zombie Run races.
This race starting line is a 20 minute walk from the West Hyattsville metro on the Green Line. Leave the station and walk east on Hamilton Street and travel 1.1 miles. Turn right into Magruder Park.
Parking is available at the Prince George’s County Courthouse building at 4990 Rhode Island Avenue (Route 1). The entrance to the garage is on 43rd Avenue, across from Streetcar 82 Brewery. There will be a shuttle from the Courthouse to the park. We do not have permission to park in the WSSC lot. Car-pooling with your runner or walker friends is always a great option!
NEIGHBORHOOD PARKING RESTRICTIONS and ROAD CLOSURES
PARKING: There will be NO PARKING allowed on the race route that day from 6 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Please park in your driveway, or on a street not on the course. The race course in marked in blue on the map below.
STREET CLOSURES: Race course streets will be closed during the races. Roads will be reopened when the course is clear of runners. All races are expected to be finished by 11:00 a.m.
AVOID DELAYS: If you intend to use your car between 6:00 and 11:00 a.m. on race day, please move your car IN ADVANCE to a spot outside of the shaded area on the map below.
Sorry, there will not be a bag check for this event.
There will be an awards ceremony after the 5K.
RESULTS & SURVEY
Return to our site after the race. We’ll post results as soon as possible. We also ask runners, walkers, volunteers, sponsors and anyone else who participated to complete our quick survey so we can make next year’s event even better. Thank you for taking part in the Hyattsville Zombie 5K Race for Hyattsville Elementary School!