Teachers are a lot of things: mentors, leaders, agents of change. Teachers are superheroes. We have 41 teachers at Hyattsville Elementary School. Help celebrate all they do for us!
To volunteer to bring the teachers a sweet or savory treat any morning during the week of May 4-8, sign up here. You can also sign up help clean up the staff lounge at the end of the day.
Check out this flyer for other ways to show your appreciation for the wonderful teachers at HES!
The Native Plant Sale is the PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year! Much of the support that the PTA provides to the school all year long comes from this single event.
To make this successful, the PTA needs you to help out. You do not need to know anything about plants, native or otherwise. Mostly, volunteers will help customers separate the plants they want from others in the large containers they come in. We also need help with set up and clean up. Bring a pair of scissors to cut through the plastic tubs, wear clothes that can get a bit dirty, and come with a helpful smile.
You can sign up to volunteer online . Sign up for several time slots if you can!
What: Hyattsville Elementary School PTA’s 6th Annual Native Plant Sale
When: May 16 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: HES Gym, 5311 43rd Ave., Hyattsville, MD 20781
Contact: Bart Lawrence, email@example.com
For more about the sale, visit the PTA’s Native Plant Sale page.
Get all your school supply shopping done for next school year, all at once!
As a convenience to you, the PTA has organized online School Supply Kit orders for next school year. School supply kits will be delivered directly to the school, and will be waiting in the classroom on the first day of the 2015/2016 school year. It is not required that parents purchase a supply kit – school supplies can still be bought at the store prior to the first day.
* The kits are $22-28, depending on the grade level.
* Please select the grade level your child will be entering in the fall when choosing a kit. The kit will include all the required supplies for your child’s grade.
* School Supplies for grades K through 2 are communal and will be shared amongst the class (the kits will not be waiting on your student’s desk for these grades).
* You will also have the opportunity to add much needed bulk school supplies to your order. These are additional supplies that your child’s teacher has indicated a need for, and is requesting donations. These supplies will go directly to the classroom and will not be included in your child’s school supply kit.
* The deadline to order supply kits online is June 12, 2015.
Directions for ordering:
- Go to http://www.shopttkits.com/
- Enter Account #: 86728 and click the Search Button
- Choose the appropriate kit(s). Remember to select the grade level your child will be in next year.
- Enter the student’s first and last name.
- Add to cart: confirm your order and check out.
Join your classmates and friends for a night of soccer with DC United! May 9th is Youth Night at RFK Stadium. For this game, tickets are available at a 50% discount—only $15 each. DC United will be playing Sporting Kansas City.
Not only can you watch soccer, you can also cheer on your friends’ performance. HES chorus students will be performing the National Anthem!
Ticket order forms are available from Mr. W., and money is due to him by April 30. Cash or money orders only. You must purchase tickets from him in advance to get the discounted price. Tickets purchased together will be seated together. All tickets purchased through HES will be located in the same section.
Go DC United!
Please join HES students, parents, and teachers this Saturday, April 18th, at 10:45 AM for the 129th Hyattsville Anniversary parade.
All HES students are invited to participate in the HES contingent marching in the parade. Please wear school colors and feel free to make banners and flags to show your Lion spirit.
The Anniversary Parade will step off at 11 a.m. from Hyattsville Middle School (6001 42nd Avenue) and follow 42nd Avenue, Jefferson Street, and Hamilton Street until it reaches the reviewing stage at Magruder Park. Parents are invited to march along or watch along the parade route.
Students should be at Hyattsville Middle School no later than 10:45 AM. Look for the HES banner and flags.
This year the PTA will award an ICE CREAM PARTY to the class with the most students participating so be sure to bring along your classmates!
For more information about the Parade, Carnival, or evening fireworks visit www.hyattsville.org .