Mark your calendar for October 13, 2018, for the third Hyattsville Zombie Run 5K. The Halloween themed 5K race is USATF certified and timed, and the 1 Mile Kids’ Challenge and 1K Family Fun Run are opportunities for everyone to participate. Dress up as a zombie or any Halloween costume to add to the fun! All races will start and finish at Magruder Park.
This event is hosted by the Hyattsville Elementary School PTA and proceeds will support HES, including the purchase of art supplies, musical instruments, coats for students, field trips, teacher professional development, and more.
How can you be a part of this fun event?
—Run in the race!
—Volunteer to help!
—Make a donation!
—Sponsor a kid!
The race day schedule is:
8:45 1K Family Fun Run
9:05 1 Mile Kids’ Challenge Run
9:30 5K Zombie Run
For more information about the race, to register to run, or to volunteer, go here.
WIN A NEW BIKE, KINDLE FIRE, OR MOVIE PRIZE PACK!
How it works:
When you register to run in the Hyattsville Zombie Run, you can also set up a fundraising page that allows your friends and family to sponsor you. Every dollar raised through this fundraising page goes directly to the HES PTA.
For every $10 you raise by noon on October 12th, your name will be entered into a raffle to be held on race day.
1st prize is a bike from Arrow Bicycle, valued up to $500!
2nd place is a Kindle Fire
3rd place will be a gift package from Regal Cinema
Special thanks to Arrow Bicycle for their generous support of this project to help all local Hyattsville schools.
How to do it:
- Sign up for the Zombie Run now at runsignup.com/HyattsvilleZombieRun
- When you register, it will ask if you would like to become a “Fundraiser”. Click on the Fundraiser banner.
- Follow the directions to complete the online form, making sure that you select Hyattsville Elementary School from the dropdown box under “Fundraiser Type.”
- Please include a personal message about why this is important to you and that the money raised will go to your school’s PTA. Upload a picture if you can!
- After you complete registration, you will receive an email with your unique website. Share this link with everyone you know and start training for race day!
NEIGHBORS—YOU MAY BE AFFECTED BY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ON RACE DAY
Some roads will be closed and parking will be restricted along the race route on the morning of the race, from 6:00 to 11:00 am. To see which streets are affected, visit here.
Questions about the Hyattsville Zombie Run? Visit our website or email Race Director Kevin Blackerby at email@example.com .