HYATTSVILLE PARADE AND ICE CREAM PARTY ANNOUNCEMENT
Students! This Saturday, April 16th at 11 a.m. please join your fellow students, parents, and teachers as we march in the 130th Hyattsville Anniversary Parade!
Students wanting to march should:
- be at Hyattsville Middle School no later than 10:45 a.m. and look for the HES banner and flags
- wear school colors or school uniform
- feel free to make banners or signs to show your Lion spirit
- walk behind this year’s float that students at HES are helping to build
- Check-in with the HES parade coordinator when you get to Hyattsville Middle to be counted
This year’s parade will step off at 11 a.m. from Hyattsville Middle School (6001 42nd Ave.) and follow 42nd Ave., Jefferson St., and Hamilton St. until it reaches the reviewing stage at Magruder Park. There will be a carnival at Magruder Park after the parade with games, rides, music and fireworks that night provided by the City of Hyattsville.
The PTA will award an ICE CREAM PARTY to the class with the most students participating, so be sure to bring along your classmates and check-in with the HES parade coordinator when you get to the staging area in order to be counted for your class!